Uric Acid Standard 6 mg/dL is intended for the calibration of uric acid assays (manual method or automated analysers) using ManTECH reagents.
Concentration value of Uric Acid Standard 6 mg/dL is traceable to the Standard Reference Material NIST 909b (of the National Institute of Standards and Technology).
– Uric Acid Standard contains 0.15 % of sodium azide. It is harmful (Xn).
R22 : Harmful if swallowed.
S46 : If swallowed, seek medical advice immediately and show this container or label.
– Sodium azide may react with lead and copper plumbing to form explosive metal azides. If discharge in the canalisations, rinse with plenty of water.
– Use clean or single use laboratory equipment only to avoid contaminations.
Disposal of all waste material should be in accordance with local and legal requirements.
STABILITY AND STORAGE
– When stored at 2-8 °C and protected from light, the standard is stable until the expiry date stated on the label.
– After opening, the vial should be immediately and tightly capped to prevent contamination and evaporation.
The standard is ready to use.