Volume (ml): 1 ml
Package Content (ml):1*1
Cholesterol LDL Calibrator is intended for the calibration of LDL Cholesterol assays using MANTECH Cholesterol LDL reagent.
– This calibrator is a preparation of lyophilized human serum containing LDL lipoproteins.
– The LDL cholesterol concentration is lot specific.
Concentration value for Cholesterol LDL Calibrator is defined according to the reference method recommended by the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention).
– The calibrator is prepared from plasma donor units tested individually and found to be negative for HbsAg, anti-HCV antibody and anti-HIV1&2 antibodies. Respect the normal precautions and good laboratory practice. All human material should be considered as potentially infectious.
– The calibrator contains 0.3 % sodium azide. It is harmful (Xn).
R22: Harmful if swallowed.
R32: Contact with acids liberates very toxic gas.
R52/53: Harmful to aquatic organisms, may cause long-term adverse effects in the aquatic environment.
S35: This material and its container must be disposed of in a safe way.
S45: In case of accident or if you feel unwell, seek medical advice immediately (show the label where possible).
– Sodium azide can react with copper and lead plumbing to form explosive metal azides. If discharge in the canalisations, rinse with plenty of water.
– Waste disposal : respect the legal requirements.
– Use clean or single use laboratory equipment only to avoid contaminations.
– Discard cloudy calibrator.
Carefully open the vial, avoiding the loss of lyophilizate, and pipette in exactly 1 mL of distilled/deionized water.
Carefully close the vial and dissolve the content by successive swirling.
Wait for around 5 minutes until the complete dissolution and homogenize again.
Do not shake strongly to avoid formation of foam..
STABILITY AND STORAGE
Prior to reconstitution:
When stored at 2-8°C and protected from light, the calibrator is stable until the expiry date stated on the label.
– Reconstituted calibrator is stable 14 days at 2-8°C.
– Reconstituted calibrator may be stored frozen at – 80°C up to 4 weeks (freeze only once).
– After opening, the vials should be kept correctly and tightly capped to prevent contamination and evaporation.