Cholesterol HDL Calibrator is intended for the calibration of HDL Cholesterol assays using MANTECH Cholesterol HDL reagent.
– This calibrator is a preparation of lyophilized human serum containing HDL lipoproteins.
– The HDL cholesterol concentration is lot specific.
Concentration value for Cholesterol HDL Calibrator is defined according to the reference method recommended by the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)..
– The calibrator is prepared from plasma donor units tested individually and found to be negative for HbsAg, anti-HCV antibody and anti-HIV1&2 antibodies. Respect the normal precautions and good laboratory practice. All human material should be considered as potentially infectious.
– The calibrator contains 0.3 % sodium azide. It is harmful (Xn).
R22: Harmful if swallowed.
R32: Contact with acids liberates very toxic gas.
R52/53: Harmful to aquatic organisms, may cause long-term adverse effects in the aquatic environment.
S35: This material and its container must be disposed of in a safe way.
S45: In case of accident or if you feel unwell, seek medical advice immediately (show the label where possible).
– Sodium azide can react with copper and lead plumbing to form explosive metal azides. If discharge in the canalisations, rinse with plenty of water.
– Waste disposal : respect the legal requirements.
– Use clean or single use laboratory equipment only to avoid contaminations.
– Discard cloudy calibrator.
Carefully open the vial, avoiding the loss of lyophilizate, and pipette in exactly 1 mL of distilled/deionized water.
Carefully close the vial and dissolve the content by successive swirling.
Wait for around 20 minutes until the complete dissolution and homogenize again.
Do not shake strongly to avoid formation of foam.
STABILITY AND STORAGE
Prior to reconstitution:
When stored at 2-8 °C and protected from light, the calibrator is stable until the expiry date stated on the label.